The main beach is private, with a thatched roof bar and hammocks and rope-beds scattered around. This superb body of crystal clear fresh water is ideal for snorkeling and scuba diving.
Why choose Kaya Mawa:
- It is an award winning property.
- Kaya Mawa works closely with the community and is a trend setter with its integrated approach; the lodge works in partnership with Katundu Textiles, a workshop set up on the island to empower single mothers.
- The entire workforce comes from the neighboring villages and have been trained on site.
- Kaya Mawa brings you secluded luxury in traditional African surroundings.
- Internet facilities are available, so feel free to make all your Facebook friends jealous with your once in a lifetime getaway.
This eco-friendly lodge offers just 10 stone and teak cottages tucked away on a granite foundation. There are 4 standard options to choose from, located at the bottom of a rocky knoll, with direct lake access and private decks. For honeymooners there is a private island with its own house accessed by boat or a wooden walkway. Every unit features a sunken stone bathtub, private terrace, and rim flow pool.
Snorkeling, kayaking, mountain biking and windsurfing are some of the favorite activities for guests. You can however also pursue the more adventurous by trying your hand at water-skiing, Wakeboarding, Kneeboarding, Ringo and of course Scuba diving. Day trips into Mozambique and visits to local communities can be arranged, giving you the opportunity to experience African culture and the various community projects Kaya Mawa supports. Guided village and cathedral tours are also available.
Kaya Mawa is situated on Likoma Island in the northern part of Lake Malawi. Malawi plays hospitable neighbor to Mozambique (to the South), Zambia (to the West) and Tanzania (North East).