Why choose Emily Moon River Lodge:
- Located within the Garden Route
- Fantastic views from the river facing rooms
- Fantastic land and water sports area
- Excellent sightings for avid bird-watchers
- Popular restaurant with an eclectic menu
Emily Moon features 10 separate private and luxurious lodges of which 8 have river and wetland views. These spacious lodges have been individually decorated and have double or twin beds, a stylish living area, en suite bathrooms with under-floor heating, a fireplace, mini bar and satellite TV. The rooms also have an outdoor shower. 8 of the lodges are for two adults, and 2 family lodges sleeps two adults and 2 children each. Emily Moon also has a Self-Catering house on the Piesang (Banana) River in Plettenberg Bay, on a large piece of land, that can accommodate 6 people or more.
- Swimming Pool
- Conference Facilities
- Chapel for weddings
- Bicycle rental
- Baby- sitting services
- Tourism information desk
- House Keeping
Chef Andrew produces an eclectic menu (with distinct flavors and Thai influence) for candlelit dinners and fun lunches around the pool area. The deck tables virtually hang over the river and have a spectacular view of the wetlands, river and distant mountains. The restaurant is also is decorated with quirky collector’s pieces.
Being in the Garden Route means that there is a wide variety of activities to suit every taste: From whale watching, canoeing, hiking/biking in the spectacular surrounding mountains to beaches, shops, and golf. You can also go to famous places such as Monkey Land, Birds of Eden and Tenikwa Wild Cat Sanctuary. You can have fun by going Whale, Dolphin and Seal watching, or you can get a rush with a High Speed Boat trip. If you are brave enough you can try Bungee Jumping at Bloukrans. Bloukrans is the World’s Highest Commercial Bungy Jump at a whopping 216m. No matter what you want to do, the Garden Route will have it on offer.
- Culinary awards best Bistro style dining 2010
- TOP 20 Culinary Destination on the Garden Route
- Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards 2010
- 2012 Tripadvisor certificate of excellence winner
- 2013 Tripadvisor certificate of excellence winner