Your 3 nights on the Masai Mara will be spent at luxury &Beyond camp Kichwa Tembo, and your time in Zanzibar will be spent at the Zanzibar Serena in Stone Town and Essque Zalu in the northeastern part of the island.
See the best Zanzibar has to offer, with cultural and historical discoveries in Stone Town and beach and ocean explorations on the northern coast. Relax by the pool and beach, snorkel or dive, enjoy boat trips and even hike to the volcanic Mount Meru. There is an option to suit any traveler in tropical Zanzibar.
Length of Trip:
Included in this Package:
- 3 nights at &Beyond Kichwa Tembo Camp, including all meals, safari activities, soft drinks, house wines, local spirits and beer.
- 1 night Zanzibar Serena, including breakfast
- 3 nights Essque Zalu, including meals
- All scheduled flights and transfers
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
Day 1 – 4: Masai Mara
After a transfer from Jomo Kenyatta Airport and flight from Wilson Airport to the Kichwa Airstrip, arrive at your home for the next 4 days. Your time on the thorn tree-dotted plains of the Mara will be an unforgettable experience. With all safari activities included, discover the rich variety of wildlife in the region, explore the Mara River and experience Masai culture.
A photographer’s dream, the Masai Mara encompasses sweeping plains dotted with elephant, giraffe, zebra, lion, gazelle, eland, leopard, cheetah and much more. The migration is always host to thrilling wildlife encounters, as herbivores battle the crocodile-filled Mara River and predator-strewn plains.
In between 4×4 safaris, balloon trips and village visits, relax at Kichwa Tembo’s tranquil and luxurious environment. The rim-flow swimming pool, sun loungers and decks allow for far-reaching views of the plains. The luxury tents have private decks and en-suite bathrooms, offering supreme comfort.
Kichwa Tembo Detailed Info:
- 12 tented suites with en-suite bathrooms, sitting areas and comfortable beds
- Candlelit Bush dinners, sundowners and al fresco Pan-African dining
- WiFi, laundry services, babysitting services and spa treatments available
Day 4 – 5: Stone Town
Your first night in Zanzibar will be spent in Stone Town. This famous part of Zanzibar City is a beautiful labyrinth of alleys, mosques, bazaars and 19th Century architecture. Stone Town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and this first stop on your island holiday will be well spent exploring the historic alleyways and finding small treasures and spices in the many local markets.
Spend the night at the Zanzibar Serena, looking out onto the Indian Ocean. With a spacious, ocean front pool deck and live music each night, this is a fantastically vibrant introduction to Zanzibar.
Zanzibar Serena Detailed Info:
- Traditional, high-ceilinged rooms and suites with en-suite bathrooms, air conditioning, wifi and all 5 star amenities
- A choice of restaurants and bars to enjoy excellent meals
- Spa treatment rooms and gift shop
Day 5 – 8: Zanzibar North East Coast
From Stone Town, move north east to the northern tip of the island, to Essque Zalu’s warm welcome. The beach lodge is located in its own cove, flanked by lush forest and the warm Indian Ocean shore.
3 nights here will allow you to explore the picturesque beaches of north eastern Zanzibar, enjoy some water sports, indulge in spa treatments and snorkel with giant turtles. Marine life in Zanzibar is unparalleled, so diving or snorkeling is a must-do. Pods of dolphins pass by the coastline frequently, and the colorful coral reefs are host to a plethora of amazing sea life.
Essque Zalu’s suites overlook the gardens and ocean, and the cool, luxurious interiors provide a comfortable retreat from the summer heat. Take advantage of the hotel’s excellent dining, tranquil pool area and stunning jetty.
After a relaxing 3 nights, head back to Nairobi to catch your connecting flight home.
Essque Zalu Detailed Info:
- 40 luxurious suites with lounge areas, private terraces or balconies and all 5 star amenities including air conditioning.
- Variety of excellent restaurants and bars
- Guides and scheduled activities and fantastic spa