Begin with a thrilling safari in malaria-free Pilanesberg, one of the country’s finest spots to see wildlife in their natural environment. Modern safari luxury at Shepherd’s Tree will provide you with comfortable accommodation for your safari experience.
From here, move on to Sun City, South Africa’s acclaimed resort nestled in an extinct volcanic crater. 2 nights of sunbathing in the subtropical gardens, enjoying watersports in the wave pool and playing some golf or trying your hand at a few casino games, fly on to Cape Town for 5 nights of city exploration.
- 10 Nights of lifelong and incomparable memories.
- Stay-in-style at our collection of unique and award-winning lodges and camps.
- Experience the magnificence and beauty of South Africa.
Length of Trip:
Day 1-4: Pilanesberg National Park
Malaria-free Pilanesberg lies between the Kalahari and Lowveld regions, in a transition zone that puts species not usually found together in the same area. This makes for exciting and productive game viewing in a stunning environment.
Shepherd’s Tree lies in an exclusive-use area, making safaris here much more peaceful with no vehicles besides those run by the lodge. Low tourist numbers mean that game spotting is authentic and uninterrupted, and the lodge’s fantastic rangers and guides will track down the Big 5 and other game while entertaining and educating guests.
You can even participate in other fun activities, including archery, quad biking and bush walks. Enjoy a treatment at the spa in between drives.
Shepherd’s Tree detailed info:
- Contemporary air-conditioned suites with large windows, decks and outdoor showers allowing unrestricted views of the bushveld
- Beautiful pool deck overlooking the Pilanesberg landscape
- Gourmet restaurant and bar
Day 4-6: Sun City
From Pilanesberg, take a short trip to the famous resort, located in an extinct volcanic crater. Sun City’s enormous grounds encapsulate a casino, world-class golf courses, a water park and array of activities suitable for kids and adults.
The Sun City Hotel, the original and most central of the complex’s 4 hotels, hosts the casino and theatre, and its comfortable suites overlook the famous Gary Player golf course and landscape. 2 nights here will be well spent enjoying the wave pool and beach, water sports, beautiful gardens, vibrant cocktail bars and bustling casino areas.
Sun City Hotel detailed info:
- 340 lake and pool facing rooms, all with air conditioning, WiFi and 4 star amenities
- Peaceful pool area with bar service
- Several restaurants, theater and casino on site
Day 6-11: Cape Town
From Sun City, fly down to Cape Town for 5 nights in the mother city. With your hotel located in the dazzling waterfront, you’ll be in walking distance of world-class restaurants, boat cruises, shops, cinema, the 2 Oceans Aquarium and much more.
Cape Town’s attractions are endless, and exploring the city a never ending source of beautiful photos and fascinating finds. Take a bus tour to get an educational and relaxed trip through some of the city’s oldest and most attractive spots, including Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, the Constantia wine route, Hout Bay and the coastal road through Camps Bay and Clifton.
Southern Sun detailed info:
- Contemporary rooms with great views, en-suite bathrooms and all amenities
- Restaurant and cocktail bar
- Outdoor swimming pool and fitness centre