Jock Safari Lodge is located in the Southern section of Kruger National Park, about 150 km from the Kruger International Airport. The lodge is a perfect blend of luxury and relaxation. With its super friendly staff and vast number of services offered you will be the next to rejoice about deciding to make this trip. Jock Safari Lodge has a fully equipped spa with sauna, steam room and hydrotherapy bath.
This lodge is broken into two parts – the Main Jock Lodge and the Little Jock Lodge:
Main Jock is made up of twelve thatched luxury suites overlooking the stunning Biyamiti and Mitomeni rivers.
- Enjoy your morning tea on the private viewing deck while watching the game gathering below for their morning drink on the river bed.
- All suites are fully equipped with all amenities including A/C, mini bar and a safe.
- access to a private plunge pools that easily come in handy after a hot long day on safari.
Little Jock Lodge:
If you are looking for a bit more privacy then stay at the Little Jock Lodge.
- Only three luxury suites, each with a private chef and game ranger, the perfect safari experience is not far away
- Plunge pools available next to all suites
Overall Jock Safari Lodge is a great safari experience. Together with highly experienced rangers, you have the opportunity to join the morning and evening drives in and around the magnificent Kruger Park. These are areas where seeing the bigger animals such as elephant, buffaloes and lions are frequent. In the evening there is also a good chance to spot some of the more rare animals like leopard and hyenas. A shorter walk together with an armed ranger is also recommended to round off the experience; you will notice a whole different beauty of the African wilderness with its great fauna and bird life when on foot.
Rates (valid until 31st December 2012):
Little Jock – R 4250 Per Person Per Night
Main Jock – R 4500 Per Person Per Night
- quoted, invoiced and payable in ZAR
- quoted per adult sharing per night
- subject to a 50% supplement for rooms occupied by one adult
- inclusive of all meals, two games drives, selected beverages, tourism levy and 14% Vat
- subject to change without prior notice
- Additional compulsory charges (subject to change without prior notice):
- Gate/entrance/conservation fee of R45.00 per person, payable upon entrance to Kruger National Park
- Passenger/Airport tax of R90.00 per person, payable upon arrival at Skukuza airstrip – applicable when flying into Skukuza
- We recommend a minimum stay of two nights throughout the year
- This policy applies to all persons from 0 up to and including 11 years old
- Persons from 12 years and older are considered as adults and will therefore require their own room at the applicable rates
- Persons under the age of 12 years are not permitted on any walking safaris
- Fitzpatrick’s Lodge can accommodate a maximum of six adults and four children sharing in three rooms
- Child rates are
- applicable whether children share a room with adults or not
- inclusive of meals, non alcoholic beverages, activities (age dependant) and the “Kids on Safari” program
- 0 – 3 Year old
- are accommodated at no additional cost
- may share with adults, depending on the availability of cots and/or rooms with a sleeper couch
- are not permitted on game drives
- 4 – 11 Year old
- are accommodated at 50% (half) of the adult sharing rate
- may share with adults, depending on the availability of rooms with an sleeper couch
- are permitted on game drives
- Sleeper couches can accommodate a maximum of one child each (7 and older) OR two children per couch (0 – 6 years)
- Cots can accommodate a maximum of one child per cot
- Rooms accommodating children sharing with parents contains one sleeper couch per room
- Game drives for children younger than 6 years old are conducted in closed vehicles as per the rules and regulations of Kruger National Park
- Child minding are done by lodge staff and can be arranged at an additional cost