Lion’s Head stands tall over Cape Town, and has some of the most majestic views of the city and Table Mountain available. If you are keen for a short hike and a great photo opportunity on a stay in Cape Town, I would strongly recommend the hike. If that is not enough to entice here are my photos from the hike, and a couple of pointers.
- If you are hiking in the summer months, start your hike at 6am otherwise it will be too hot by the time you are approaching the top.
- Take a small snack and your own water bottle there is no water on route.
- The hike does require some short rock climbing sections, but there are good metal ladders and chains making it safe.
- Take a camera – see below!
- If you want to have company, the “Mountain Slayers” are a group that hike it once a week on Thursdays. For more information join them on the web at www.meetup.com/Mountain-Slayers-Hiking-Club-Cape-Town/